Friday, September 4, 2026

Once again I have tried a new author/series! This is almost always fun, I've had a couple I'm not going to recommend, but for the most part,it's been grand. This time it is Earl Grey and Shallow Graves, the first in the Waterwheel Cafe Mystery series by Victoria Tate. Keya Varma is excited to be opening her own cafe, with (you guessed it) a waterwheel. It is a marvelous old building and all is going well ... until a 30 year old skeleton of a young girl is discovered. Some progress is made by going through old files, but then a friend is discovered dead at the same site. This will change the investigation. Is there a connection? Not a bad start. Looks like other titles will use the names of tea. :-)

From Canada today: M L (Mary Lou) Longworth is a favorite author for Canadian Reader. She has written the Verlaque and Bonnet detective novels set in Aix-en-Provence. I'm told there are wonderful twists and turns to the plot! Canadian Reader loves the description of the area and learning of the history. You learn a lot about the different levels of French law enforcement, too! The main characters are well written and complex. Start with Death at the Chateau Bremont. I have not read this author as yet, but she is on my list!

Reading Hermit With Dog

 

No comments:

Post a Comment