Friday, September 25, 2026

I'm not sure whether to post Always Remember: the Boy, the Mole, the Fox, the Horse and the Storm by Charlie Mackesy as fiction or non-fiction. It's classified as a 'graphic novel' which does me no good at all because I think what's being said is factual! We meet up with the delightful characters from the earlier book again, this time after a big storm. The art work, as expected, is sweet and gentle. The story is a timeless message about self acceptance, liking who you are, having hope, being kind to others ... all things that felt so good in these troubled and chaotic times. I read it twice through in one sitting. Take some time, enjoy the artwork

From Canada today: before I saw the series Murdoch Mysteries I read some of the books by Maureen Jennings. Set in Toronto in the late 19th century it's a wonderful period piece. :-) The tv series is also excellent with a good cast starring Yannick Bisson. Watching them follow the clues that solve crime in that time period is fun! It almost borders on the science fiction sometimes, I think ... An earlier Canadian entry, Nothing Too Good for a Cowboy was also made into a tv series (I've not seen it) and it also stars Yannick Bisson.

Reading Hermit With Dog

 

No comments:

Post a Comment